Registering on Empowered.org: Account Set-Up
Empowered.org is an online platform that enables Global Student Embassy volunteers to highlight their trips, fundraise, and share their successes. Each high school and university chapter has its own web page where students can both register for trips and fundraise.
1. Go to empowered.org/Global-Student-
2. Find your specific initiative and click ‘Volunteer with Us’
3. There is a $200 non-refundable deposit that is due as a part of your registration. Your space on the trip is not confirmed until you have made this $200 deposit. (The deposit is non-refundable because we will be securing airfare immediately. For more information on our refund policy click here.)
4. Once you are part of the Volunteer Activity, you will be able to personalize your fundraising page to collect donations from families, friends, and more!
5. For Summer programs, March 1st, 2014 is the deadline to register and $1,000 must be paid by this time ($200 deposit + $800 or you can pay the $1000 in full). April 30th, 2014 is the deadline for the remainder of your program costs.
6. NOTE: Students must sign up for a trip 60 days before the departure date in order to secure their seat on a flight. If you have passed this deadline but are interested in joining a trip, please contact your local program coordinator immediately.
If you have any problems with the functionality of empowered.org, please contact their tech support directly at email@example.com.
GO DIRECTLY TO YOUR SCHOOLS INITIATIVE:
Mixed Acalanes Union District (Nicaragua June 18-30th)- Click here!
Credo/Carver (Nicaragua June 8-21st) - Click here!
Healdsburg (Nicaragua June 8-21st) – Click here!
San Rafael (Nicaragua June 17-30th) – Click here!
Northwest Prep/City Arts & Tech (Nicaragua June 17-30th) – Click here!