International Service Programs allow students to collaborate with our partner communities in Ecuador and Nicaragua to contribute to long-term, comprehensive grassroots development projects. Global Student Embassy works with student leaders to start or join an existing GSE chapter on their university campus and mobilize their peers to travel abroad and volunteer with them.
Our program model combines a short-term service project along with supplementary workshops, site visits, and cultural activities geared to provide students with a strong understanding of international community development at the grassroots level and an enhanced global perspective. In each of our programs, we engage in the practice of reflection, allowing students to critically analyze their experience and better understand how they can apply their learning’s to their personal and professional lives.
Program At a Glance:
• 1-5 weeks
• 8-18 students per group
• Program dates often coincide with winter, spring, and summer breaks
• Experienced student leader and/or university representative serves as group leader
• Daily staff support and contact
• Weekend trips to cultural sites and adventure locations
• Extensive safety & liability coverage
• Customized pricing based on number of students, location, length, and program structure
GSE matches the skills and interests of each group with a community-driven project. Current projects include:
• Sustainable Agriculture
• Environmental Restoration
• Marine Biology
• Sustainable Community Development
• International Development
Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (707) 799-8709 if you wish to discuss how you and your school can work with GSE.